Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday's Sales!

I'm not going to post every deal out there. I'm not even going to post the ones I personally think are best. There are plenty of other sites that do that. (See the links on my blog for some great ones.) What I'm doing (since this blog is primarily to keep ME focused) is listing the stores I will visit, the coupons I plan to use, and my final OOP (out of pocket.) Come shopping with me and snag these deals for yourself, or use the links provided and find your own deals. But have fun! By using coupons and matching them with sales, you are serving your family. By sharing and donating extra items you can get free or very cheap, you are serving others. By giving praise to the One who provides these opportunities, you are serving God.
*Note - My grocery store ads run from Wednesday-Tuesday, so I will post my grocery lists on Wednesday.


CVS (You've got to have a CVS card to get the deals)
Gillette Fusion Gamer razor
(earn $0.01) It's on sale for $7.99. Use the $4/1 coupon from the 2/8 Proctor & Gamble coupon insert and pay $3.99 for the razor. When you check out, you will get an ECB (CVS coupon) for $4 to use on your next purchase. So, you've made $0.01!

Renuzit TriScents Starter Kit
(earn $0.51) Thanks, Crystal! It's on sale for $5.49. Use the $4/1 coupon from Sunday's Smart Source coupon insert and pay $1.49 for the air freshener. When you check out, you will get an ECB (CVS coupon) for $2 to use on your next purchaes. So, you've made $0.51! By the way, this one's got a limit of 5, so you can do this several times this month or all at once! Maybe I shouldn't post these deals. Now my family and friends will have an idea of what I actually paid for their birthday/Christmas presents!


Walgreens
Rimmel face or eye cosmetics BOGO (buy 1, get one free) sale. I've been wanting to try the Sexy Curves mascara for months, but I've never had any luck matching the sale to the coupon. Now, I've got 2 $1/1 coupons from this week's Red Plum to match the bogo sale! I purchased the mascara for $7.54, got the Exaggerate eyeliner (my favorite) for free. Then used 2 coupons, so I essentially got the mascara and eyeliner for $5.54 (regularly priced at 14.52). No, this is not FREE or a MM (money-maker,) but it's a great deal for a product I've wanted for a while and my favorite eyeliner!

Gillette Fusion Gamer razor
(earn $1.01) It's on sale for $8.99 (limit 1). Use the $4/1 coupon from the 2/8 Proctor & Gamble coupon insert and pay $4.99 for the razor. When you check out, you will get a RR (Walgreen's coupon) for $6 to use on your next purchase. So, you've made $1.01!

Reynold's Wrap
(earn $0.11) There's an in-ad coupon that makes them $0.89 each (limit 2). Use the $1/1 coupon from the 2/8 coupon insert. You must have a filler to suck up the overage. This is a good time to get another item that you want (maybe a BOGO Hershey bar or a $0.39 Hunt's 8 oz tomato sauce) to eat the overage since Walgreens will not give you money back for your savy shopping. When you checkout, have them ring up the Reynold's Wraps (I'll be getting 2) and the tomato sauce. Give the cashier both $1/1 Reynold's coupons, then the $0.89 Reynold's coupon, then the in-ad coupon for the Hunts. Final total for two boxes of foil and a can of tomato sauce: $0.17 plus tax.


Confession - I am a chocoholic. Putting our family on a strict budget has put a huge dent in my ability to get chocolate when the urge strikes. I know I can't be the only female out there who wants to find good deals on chocolate, but I have yet to find another website that actually lists deals on chocolate. So, I'm going to do it myself. If I can find chocolate or candy bars for $0.40 or less, then I buy several to last until the next good sale. If I can get it cheaper, then I get more!

Cheap Chocolate Alert!!
FREE chocolate at Walgreens! With the in-ad coupon, Hershey's single candy bars are buy one (at $0.89,) get one free. Combine with the 1/25 Hershey's BOGO coupon or the 1/4 Reece's Whipps $1/2 coupon and you've got FREE chocolate!

No comments: