Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had this great post planned, with the title, "31 Candles, 31 Wishes." I was planning to list my hopes, dreams, and expectations for the next year. Well, after struggling to come up with #4, I decided there was no way I was going to make it to 31. How disappointing.

But, wait! What a blessing it is that I'm so happy and content with that which God has blessed me! I can't come up with 4 things I'd change! When I think of all the times I've doubted His guidance or His decisions... Today is a day of rejoicing and thanking God for his goodness.

What were those 3 things, you ask?
  1. That my FIL will soon get on the transplant list and find a liver doner so that he can spend more time with his grandchildren.
  2. That DH and I will make some good, close friends nearby since we've found it difficult to hang out with the ones that are 8 hours away, now!
  3. To get Little Brother potty-trained this summer... at least daytime trained! (Yes, totally selfish, but hey, it's my day to wish!)

I guess next year I'll have to plan to spend some time on my "32 Candles, 32 Blessings" post. Until then, count your blessing and give thanks to the Lord, the father of mercies.

No comments: