Sunday, March 22, 2009

I guess my cooking skills haven't improved as much as I'd hoped!

We're all sick. It's chilly and a little rainy outside. Soup sounds perfect! I make a basic vegetable noodle soup. DH and I say it's amazing! I look to the boys for the final word of approval.

DS #2 repeatedly throws his spoon on the floor and pushes his bowl to the middle of the table. After the 4th new spoon brings another attempt to get him to eat, he pushes the bowl away, takes off his socks, and starts sucking his toes! He's never done that before.

On the other side of the table, DS #1 says, "I don't want any. I don't like it."
DH replies, "You haven't even tried it yet. You need to take at least one bite."
DS #1 answers, "No, I don't. I wanna to go play, now."
DH warns him, "Don't think we're going to give you something different or a snack later. You need to try the soup. Do you want to go to bed hungry?"
DS states, "Well, that's a option! May I be excused."
You can't argue with that kind of logic! Desperately trying not to laugh in his sight or hearing, hands over our faces, we blurt out that yes, he may be excused.

No comments: