Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Meal Planning (3/23 - 3/29)

This week will be a bit different. The boys and I are leaving on Thursday to drive 8 hours to visit family in Georgia. We'll be there for a week, and my MIL has asked me to get her a shopping list of things she should have on hand for the boys (stuff that doesn't travel well). I also need to plan snacks for the trip itself before I head to the grocery store. So I'll be posting meals for Monday-Wednesday, travel snacks, and then my MIL's "shopping list" for our visit to GA.

Monday
Lunch: Mac-n-Cheese
Supper: Corn Dogs

Tuesday
Lunch: Crock pot pork tenderloin
Supper: Mexican Lasagna

Wednesday
Lunch: Grilled Cheese sandwich
Supper: Chicken nuggets

Thursday
Lunch: Chicken Quesadillas

Travel Snacks to Pack
5 bottles water
Kool-aid mix
Nutrigrain bars
Travel bowls
Trail mix (Chex, Cheerios, cranberries, raisins)
M&Ms

MIL's shopping list
Fresh fruit (bananas, grapes, or apples are their favorites)
100% Fruit juice (not apple or purple grape)
Half gallon whole milk
Gallon skim milk
Yogurt
Tortillas
Sliced cheese
Loaf of bread
Ball Park beef franks
Mac-n-cheese

No comments: